Anyone who knows me knows that I have a pretty serious Crackberry addiction! It's bad...It annoys my husband... I try to keep it under control but it's what I do when I get bored or to pass the time. I've found that I really like "reading" it better than books. It's smaller and easier to hold and it comes with it's own light. So for quite a while now I've relied on news stories, friends blogs etc to pass the time and feed the need to occupy my brain to sleep (i know sounds weird - but it keeps me from thinking thinking thinking so I can acutally go to sleep - I get sleepy when I read). Now I've found the perfect combo for my need to read, love of books and my preference to combine these things with my crackberry.
http://www.dailylit.com
This website has a TON of books and they will e-mail or rss feed you books in readable segments - you set what time, how often and how you want the segments delivered to you and if you find youself with more time you can ask for the next installment. Some books do have a small fee but there are plenty of FREE books on the site - almost all the "classics" are free.
Anyone want to join me in reading a good book?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
wow! i'd never heard of it! sounds fun... what book is on your mind? i've been trying to make myself do some more reading but it's hard to relax to read when things are a mess. :)
My first book is "The League of the Scarlet Pimpernel" It's a big one so if a big novel seems like too much to chew and seems overwhelming maybe a short story would be best to start with something to distract but that you can get through quickly and you don't have to commit to for a long time.
I felt like the regular length segments were too short for me. My book broke up into 92 segments - however I changed my settings to give me longer segments so that should shorten it up - aslo I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep so I read through segment 5 last night.
I had a Jr. High teacher who showed us the Scarlet Pimpernel movies both years and I loved it - it's a story that is set during the French revolutionary war when they are beheading all the royals. The Scarlet Pimpernel is a man who is sneaking the royals out of france saving them from the guillotine (sp?)
Let me know if you start reading something.
Also you can choose a book to read without registering for the website - but if you register you get more features - creating book lists, keeps track of what you've read etc.
Post a Comment