Donnie and I connected as brother and sister through working together in a very tough environment - we "get" each other. Amy is the SWEETEST person I have ever met. Their son Caleb is a great kid. Carlin would play with him a lot and he truly entertained Devin. They are beautiful people inside and out. You couldn't ask for better friends. We have been very blessed in this time in our lives with amazing friends and for that we are so thankful.
We also had the great pleasure of being neighbors the past couple of years, it is now very hard to dive by and see the for rent sign on their old house.
We went trick or treating with them before they headed out on the VERY long all night drive. Here are a few pictures of these beautiful people.
Donnie's mom - Debbie and step dad - Bill flew in to help them dive "home". They have visited for the past couple of years at 4th of July and they love us as much as Donnie and Amy do. And as her license plate says on her cute little sports car... She's one hot Nonna!
Auntie Amy LOVED Devin!! She would often come over and borrow him just because she needed a fix. We were able to spend some extra time with them before they left by feeding them on those long packing days. Here's a video of Amy making Devin laugh after dinner. When we got home we discovered that Devin had a temp of 102, the next day the Doc said he had a viral infection - even sick he's a giggle boy.
Just a few more pictures.... I had to use pink just for Amy...
They may be far away but they are and always will be close in our hearts. Thanks to technology it's easy to stay in touch. Amy and I work for the same company so we'll get to see each other at an occasional event, plus this gives us just one more reason to visit Tulsa.

3 comments:
how sad to miss such precious friends!!! that makes me VERY sad for you. :( i hope the Lord fills ALL of your hearts... (and that you get to go to tulsa soon!) :)
THAT DEVIN - OH MY GOODNESS! HE'S SOOOO CUTE! THAT GIGGLE IS AWESEOM!
Your little man is sooooooo cute. I can't believe how big Carlin is. It is just not right. It looks like you are really happy. I am so HAPPY for you. Are you on Facebook? If so look me up since I don't know your new last name.
Hope to talk to you soon.
Joyfully, Alison Stanley
I'm sorry for you. I know how hard it is to have friends move so far away.
Devin is such a cutie!! I LOVE his costume. What a happy cuddly little boy.
Post a Comment