Monday, April 20, 2009

IKEA!

I have a deep love for IKEA, one that has lasted for about 10 years now. and now finally after all those years I FINALLY have an IKEA store where I live. I counted down the days and scheduled the vacation day... on Feb 18, 2009 IKEA Charlotte opened. The plan was to get up early and be there before the store opened, alarm went off, that plan changed :) So we got there right about the time the store was opening. We approached the parking lot - seeing quite a few people walking quite a distance - IN THE RAIN - as we got closer. The Parking lot was FULL - they weren't letting any more cars in. Have you seen an IKEA parking lot? They are HUGE!! I was so not surprised. so we circled around and went to breakfast about a mile away. An hour or so later we tried again just to see what it was looking like - really not expecting much. But to our surprise we got in. We had a grand ole time shopping and wandering around and got some fun new items. It was busy but not insane and we had fun.

Here are a few of the larger items we purchased that day. :)




The placemats were purchased from IKEA in VA on our way home from vacation this past summer, but the table and the high chair are new.



Of course we had to get out favorite treats, Swedish Fish and Daim. If you've never had Daim you MUST try it!! It is fabulous!



After all that fun we were all tuckered out, Devin ended the trip by crashing out in his carseat.

2 comments:

April said...

I tooo LOOOOOVEEE IKEA! That sounded like lots of fun! I am so glad you found some wonderful things AND I love your wall color ;)!

heidi jo said...

grrr... less chance of you coming up north to ikea now. :) but you made some great choices! very very nice! well done.